Monday, February 8, 2010

Catching up-Revised :)

Wow, I've been bad about posting lately and by the sounds of the fight the boys are in, this one won't be long either. This weekend was pretty uneventful. I had a horrible migraine. They are back in full swing lately-ugh. 3 vicodin wouldn't get rid of it so I had to give myself a shot. It's a lose/win situation with those. I hate giving them to myself because within 10 seconds of injecting myself, I feel worse. I feel like a ton of bricks basically paralyzed. BUT I have learned to only give it to myself if Scott is around and if I can give it to myself in bed. So after a few hours of sleeping, it's gone! So it's worth it I guess. I had an appt with my neurologist today. He said the more I take them, the less side affects I will feel. It doesn't help that I somehow have a muscle issue on my head. Who knew that is even possible? So that is where a lot of my recent migraines are stemming.

I don't think Harrison's antibiotics worked because he has been grouchy lately. He goes back to the doctor tomorrow. He is starting to talk a lot more now. He likes to repeat his big bubba. Scott and I were talking last night saying that Harry needs to catch up to Will. Last year at my dad's birthday we sent him videos of William singing happy birthday and the ABCs and he knew every word. This year I would be lucky if I just said each word and Harry repeated me :) He is catching on fast though. He is funny and a mimic. Harrison has also become a big daddy's boy. If daddy is around, he will have nothing to do with me. It makes me sad at times but that is ok because I get to cuddle with him throughout the day (that is before Scott gets home).

Since William skipped his terrible twos, he is trying to make up for it in his 3's. I just have to remember this is the stage where he has to do EVERYTHING himself with no help at all. So I just have to plan for things to take a little bit longer if we go somewhere. He likes to help. He is still a mamma's boy for sure.


Harrison has been doing really well without his pacifier. We did the same thing to his paci as we did to Williams. The only difference is that this year Harry has someone telling him that Mommy and Daddy broke his pacifier. William has been doing ok with sleeping in his own room. Some nights are easier than others to put him to bed. On average it takes about two hours and 15 times to put him back in his room. He comes up with every excuse in the book. We do, however, wake up with him in our bed around 4am. At-least we are making progress. He is doing really well with his potty training. He only wears a pull up at night. And last night he even woke up at mid-night to go to the bathroom and then right back to his room! William has a doctor's appt Thursday for his feet. I will update on that later.

I've been bad on pictures lately. In case you need a fix, here are the boys eating lunch at their favorite table.

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

Soo sorry to hear your migraines are back :( Ugh I couldn’t imagine having those and taking care of the boys! Glad the shot seems to help, but ya comes at a cost! Sooo...my brother has to give his daughter “tickets” at night..she gets 4 of them I think and uses all of them each night..but basically can come out after she goes to bed but has to give a ticket…once they are all gone she can’t come out and surprisingly doesn’t.:) I’m not looking forward to when DJ can get out of his bed..hee! Glad the potty training is going well too..ugh another thing I’m not looking forward too! The boys look soo cute eating at their table!:)