Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

It was a nice Valentine's around here. Scott and I went out on a lunch date and saw the movie, Valentine's Day on Saturday. I don't remember the last time I saw a movie the opening weekend! Scott and I looked at each other on the way home and said, "it was weird spending the day together alone. When is the last time we did that?" We have never had a day date without the boys. It was a nice change. Then we came home and I spent time with my other little Valentines. We made Valentine Cupcakes and Brownies together.

There is a little problem with having Christmas, birthdays and Valentine's day so close. This morning William woke up and said, "where are my new presents today?" William got a new Thomas the Train while Harrison got a dump truck and an Elmo book. The boys picked out presents for me. Harry got me the little stuffed elephant and William got me Toy Story candy. After two minutes Harry asked me to open up the elephant so he could have him:) And ten minutes later William asked me if he could have my Toy Story candy-ha. The boys stayed home with Scott to watch the first NASCAR race of the season. How could you miss that, right? I headed off to church where I volunteered to be the host of Fellowship time. I purposely picked Valentine's Day :) My table looked like Valentine's threw up in there ha. I had pink and red table clothes with large heart decorations and "LOVE" signs. And a few pink balloons. I brought in bagels and cream cheese, crackers, nuts and then the more important pink cupcakes with heart confetti, brownies with red chocolate and chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy. It was a beautiful day yesterday- about 85 degrees. I love this weather. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm jealous you got to have time alone with Scott... Guthrie and I couldn't figure out how to swing it. We're hopefully getting away for our anniversary next month, though, so we have that to look forward to it.

I'm sure everyone was very glad you picked Valentine's Day for the Fellowship! Sounds like you did an awesome (and yummy!) job!