Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What did you give up?

Scott and I were having a conversation about Lent last night.

Scott: "What did you give up?"
Me: "Alcohol. I know it's an easy one but I didn't really think of one. How about you?"
Scott: "yelling (with a smile on his face)." {if you are a parent of two toddler boys, you know why this is impossible!}
Me: "Oh that's a good one. I could probably do that too." Thinking about it further... "well besides today." Thinking even further..."well and yesterday. But the two days before that I was sick so I didn't really talk so that works. And the two days before that, the boys were sick so I didn't yell at them then."
Scott: "yeah, I don't think you can use that one."
Me: "You really think you can give up yelling for 40 days? One little slip and you are done. Pick something else. How about chocolate? I'm not telling you to give up sweets, just chocolate."
Scott: "yeah that's good." Thinking further..."but I can still have some in certain things right?" :)

Yeah we are no good at this.

No comments: