Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pictures with Santa

We headed to the mall today to see Santa Claus. Looking back at previous years pictures (remember last year?), I prepped the boys ahead of time. I showed them the last two years pictures and asked them if they wanted to go see Santa. The both said yes and were excited. I was sure this would not last as William is usually scared of strangers. I can't say I blame him. That is a good thing right?! We got to the mall and of-course Santa doesn't get out of bed until 11am so we walked around a bit. William saw a remote control Lightning McQueen at one of the outdoor vendors. I tried to walk by really fast. Finally it came time to see Santa. Harrison clinched onto me saying, "not Pawpa, not Pawpa." William ran right up to him and jumped on his lap. Here was his conversation:
William: "I'm two, Harry's One. Those a pretty deer. This is my tree (he has a soap in the shape of a xmas tree that he will not let go of). There is its star and basketball (orange ornament)." And on he went. Mr. Shy was not shy at all. Then came the question of the day.

Santa: "What would you like for Christmas William?"

William: "I want that big red Lightning McQueen out there!"

Guess I am going to have to get that. Harry was scared until Santa asked him what he wanted and he got really serious and said, "bubbles and balloons." :) Then snap, there is your picture. William jumped off and asked for a candy cane. I'm very pleased. I didn't expect a good picture at all. I was looking forward to the screaming scared face and the arched back. Ha. And you have to love that I have my boys dressed up in sweaters for a Santa picture when it is actually 70 degrees outside. It has to look like Winter, right?

1 comment:

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

OMG! What gorgeous looking little men.