Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas recap

What a wonderful time of year! Christmas Eve consisted of making Santa Claus cookies and a traditional Salmon dinner. Then off to church. Ok, I understand most everywhere else you are stuck in your houses with all the snow and rain. Well it was/is 70 degrees outside and yet we still put ourselves in holiday sweaters. Church service was funny at times and exhausting for us. A 7:30 service is hard on us considering that is bedtime but even harder that BOTH boys skipped their naps that day. And the nursery attendant was not there so they had to sit through service with us. The funny part did come during the children's sermon. He went over the book of how Jesus was born and then they sang Away in a Manger. The pastor might as well have handed the book over to William because William told the story as he saw it on every page. He wouldn't let Pastor talk. It was rather cute but I was blushing quite a bit. Then when they started singing Away in a Manger, Harry stood up at the front of the church (where they did the children's sermon) with the songbook in his face, "singing." And very loudly. Not sure he knew the words but he was belting something out. It was soooo cute.

We came home, opened one present (pajamas) and drank some hot chocolate and ate Christmas cookies while reading "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" before heading off to bed. Then came the "lesson learned." The boys main present this year was an art easel. It has a chalk board on one side and dry erase board on the other. I bought a bunch of art supplies for it. Well Scott went to put it together and guess what? The hardware that was supposed to come with it, DIDN'T! We had no way of putting it together. So we chalked it up to a lesson learned not to wait until the last minute to put things together. Luckily we had a few other things for the boys. The boys slept in until 8:15. I was whispering in William's ear, "I think Santa came" trying to wake him up. He finally responded, "yes he did, I heard him eat my cookies last night." :) Santa brought what they asked for. And honestly that is all they cared about. Harry got his bubbles.
William got his big red Lightning McQueen.
Oh and just like his mommy on his laptop...(and Harry is on his sitting next to me as I type this post).
Belle received some bones, balls and a Frisbee.
Scott score with a Dolly Parton box set.
I made out with a new watch and Easy Tone shoes. I know my face is not in this picture but I had to post it because I thought it was so cute that Harrison is in it trying to take my picture with another camera.
William and Harrison also got a T-ball set.

After all the present opening, we had a very nice Turkey dinner. And we all took naps:) We watched A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation throughout the day. It was a very relaxing day. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

And the "Finale" And to all a Good Night"
Merry Christmas my dear loving daughter and her loving family.