Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nana and Pawpa Payne's visit

It was a short but nice visit with Nana and Pawpa. The boys are already asking to see them on the computer. We had a good time from the science center to hiking to playing. Here are some of my favorite pictures.
I love how Harrison is checking out Pawpa.
And William loved his desert at dinner. The boys were extremely good when we went out to dinner. I could have sworn they weren't mine. Of-course riding the train is always an Archer favorite.
And can you really believe a one year old talked a seventy-two year old to crawl through a tunnel with him?
And my favorite. Just a typical moment of reading books and William is resting his head on Pawpa's chest.
And a big event that happened while they were here: Every one's name on my dad's side is James Payne and it ends with this generation (unfortunately). My dad passed on the family Bible to me. It is over 157 years old. The first date we could find in there was 1852. Another interesting thing I found out that I didn't know before is that my Great Grandfather's name was James William Isaac Hardy Brown (whew-that was long). Brown was my grandmother's maiden name. Anyway, William had always been named after Scott (his middle name is William) and Jameson was after my dad (just a different version of James) never realizing that my great grandfather has the name William too. Anyway, it's pretty neat getting the family bible. I feel very blessed to have that tradition passed onto me. Thanks Dad.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Looks like the kids had a great time with your parents! That's such a sweet picture of William with his head on your dad.