Sunday, July 12, 2009

Weekend recap

What a fun, nice, relaxing weekend. Scott and I actually went out on a date Friday night. It was The Taste of Simi Valley. They had wine tasting and several restaurants from around Simi. Since we never know where to go eat, we thought this would be a good way to find a good restaurant. We were way over dressed! But we still had a great time. Adult conversation and fun. Plus we met a lot of nice people there. Saturday morning we were back to swim lessons for the boys. Harrison is NOT fond of the water. He is like a suction cup to your body. He holds on for dear life and is not about to let go. This is also a good opportunity for him to exercise his lungs.

William, on the other hand, is a little fish. He loves the water and is the last kid to get out after the lesson is over. He loves jumping off the wall and blowing bubbles.

The rest of Saturday was relaxing. The boys watched the NASCAR race together.

I surprised them with Dairy Queen. Here is William sharing the rest of his cone with Harrison.

This morning I took the boys to church while Scott had a little "ME" time. It is so easy for me to think about myself and how I need "me" time. It doesn't occur to me that just because Scott is away from the house all day during the week that he is actually doing anything fun. He never asks to do anything by himself and never complains. He works so hard to support us and is a great husband and father. Friday it just hit me that that is wrong. He needs his alone fun time too. So I asked him if he wanted to take some time on Sunday to go dirt biking. He was shocked but so excited. He had a good time. And he was even home in time for lunch (seeing that he left at 5am). The boys get so excited to see Scott's "mowercicle." We actually caught him as he was rolling it back in the shed to snatch a picture.

The boys and I stopped at the fish store after church to get a new anemone. It is pretty. White with purple tips.

After a long night, we all took a family nap and now Harry and I are waiting for the rest of them to wake up. All in all, nice relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You guys are so cute! Sounds like a fun weekend. I was catching up on some of your recent blog posts, and I love the "Heard Recently" one. That's precious! I need to write down more stuff that Andrew & Henry chatter about. :)