Sunday, July 5, 2009

"How to Save a Life"

I think I am going to stop listening to music in my truck. The other night I was driving home from the dentist. I didn't take the normal route home because Scott took the boys and Belle to the park so I was going to stop by to see them. I took out Michael Jackson's greatest hits (it was in the player when he died- ironic). I put in The Fray. I love The Fray- great music! Anyway, track 3 "How to Save a Life" came on. So I pull into the neighborhood of the park my family is at. I see something in the street ahead but it is moving. As I get closer, it looks like a person. I can't see very well still. I really want lasik eye surgery. Any body had it? Oh sorry back to my story. So as I get up to this moving object, I notice it is an older woman!!!! She is completely down and out sprawled out in the middle of the street! Only her arm is moving. I hit the brakes, put her in park and jump out (like how I refer my my truck as "her"). I didn't know what to expect. I ran to her and luckily she was ok. She was an older woman who had gone for too long of a walk. Somehow she fell down. She was all scraped up. She was too tired and didn't have enough strength to get up. Hmm how to put this nicely. She was quite large and didn't have any balance. I was able to help her up to a sitting position. As a few cars drove by (what the heck were they thinking), I flagged down the next truck. Luckily it was a young guy. He helped me get the woman up. She couldn't walk. So he basically carried her to her house (which was two houses down from where we were). As he was helping the woman in the house, Scott was on his way down the street. He thought I ran her over!!! He was freaked out when he saw the commotion. Oh goodness. The lady so was kind and nice. She kept thanking me but I know that anybody (well besides the cars who drove by) would have stopped and done the same thing. But really do you think I should stop listening to music in my truck? Is it a sign?

1 comment:

Martha said...

That's a cool story. I'm glad you could help the lady!

You need to start listening to a song about money... ;)