Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Some obsessions have rewards

Oh the obsessions. William with the movie Cars and Harrison with his Apple Jacks.

William has been watching the movie Cars for the last few weeks now. That is all he wants to watch. I am sure most 2 year olds go through this stage of wanting to watch the same things over and over again. Tonight after I put Harrison to bed, I laid down next to William and started watching Cars with him. What shocked me, and it shouldn't since he has seen it countless times, is that he was quoting the movie before they said it. But what is funny is that he is saying what is happening but then acts shocked when the action happened. And when there was no talking in the movie, he would narrate for me so I knew what was happening :) I just love it.

Harrison is beyond obsessed with Apple Jacks. Every meal and snack he wants them. He gets frustrated with me. He grabs my leg and takes me to the kitchen and points to the cereal box and lets out a little scream. He makes me laugh if we are in the living room and I ask if he wants a snack. He will smile and those little feet take off running for the kitchen. He is getting frustrated with me because I am not giving in as much and making him eat other food. Now Harrison is the strong silent type. He doesn't need to talk because his brother talks for him. He is a good communicator though. Well yesterday I held the bowl of Apple Jacks in front of him and said, "say mama, mama, mama." And what do you know, he smiled and said, "mama." I have to bribe my 16 month old child to talk! Ahh first words. Harrison is complete opposite of William. At 16 months, Will was saying quite a bit but went through a stagnant stage after 18 months. And boy I don't know why I worried at all because now he is non-stop and holds conversations with us. Harrison, on the other hand, doesn't say anything. So I may bribe my kids but at-least he said Mama!

No comments: