Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How extremely sad

So I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 last night. I didn't watch just because they are all over the media but because I actually watched the show for the last few years. I have to tell you that my heart broke for them. They announced they were getting divorced and they filed the papers yesterday to dissolve their marriage. I know this is television but this is reality! They both care for their children and state they are doing this for their children. I don't live in their house but it is a subject I cannot understand. Why didn't they go to counseling? Why didn't they walk away from the show? Why? There was something that they loved about each other to marry 10 years ago. There are 8 kids involved! They say it had nothing to do with the show but do you really believe fame didn't go to their heads? I know it all makes for "good" television but this is a real family and to have this put out on the table for everyone to see is heartbreaking. I know divorce happens everyday but obviously I am not a believer of it. And I have never seen it televised. And they claim to do the show for the children and to have their memories captured. I honestly believe that these producers should make a moral stand and shut down production of this show. I know it is a money maker but do you really want these 8 and 5 years olds have their parents separation on television and tape to remember for the rest of their lives? I think the show should be cancelled for these children. It makes me cry for them. It makes me sick that I am watching the morning news and the newscasters are reporting on this like it is the weather. They are making jokes over it and laughing. Divorce has become an everyday thing that people act like this is normal. This is an actual family. It is so sad!

4 comments:

Martha said...

I totally agree with you. I haven't been watching the show this season because I didn't want to give them ratings but I did watch it last night. It was so heartbreaking. That should not have been televised, those kids are going to watch that someday. I'm with you that they should do whatever it takes to stay together, especially since they both said that they would do anything for their kids. Jon said that life is about choices and it is... sometimes you have to lead your heart and choose to love even when you don't feel like it.

Kubik Family said...

TOTALLY agree with you! It's really sad and i'm shocked they haven't gone to counseling. I doubt Kate will cancel the show as then they won't have the income, but it's soo sad as I'm sure it would help them to focus on them instead of the show.

Trent Bryant said...

http://perezhilton.com/2009-06-23-production-halted-on-jon-kate

I don't really like Perez but I have his blog on my google rss feed...he gets the news quicker than most people.

Kristen said...

I agree that it's very sad, and I think it has everything to do with the show. I hope they don't bring the show back for the kids' sake. It's not like Jon and Kate couldn't get other jobs! Kate always suggests that they're stuck doing the show to make a living... I don't think so.