Monday, June 22, 2009

Random bits over the last few days

I don't usually have posts like this but I keep thinking of different things that have happened the last couple days and wanted to write them down. It may be a boring post but nonetheless it's a post!

William thinks I am his translator (even though everyone else does understand him). Examples:
"mommy tell Harry not to hit Will." "Mommy, tell daddy Will is funny." "Mommy tell Belle she is cute." I don't know where this comes from. He does talk in third person all of the time. But now I guess I have to talk for him.

William woke up from a nightmare the other night. He told me he was scared of the hot coffee. He said he didn't want the hot coffee to spill on him. It is so weird that he remembers that since it happened 9 months ago. Our kids do have a great understanding on what is "hot." William even taught Harrison how to sign "hot." I just found it odd that he had a nightmare about that.

I witnessed a screaming match at the grocery store this afternoon. I haven't seen anything like it before. Two women in the parking lot were yelling at each other because one left her dog in the car with the windows up. I understand why the other woman was so mad as I was too after I found out what the fight was about. But then she just got right down vulgar to her. I think the longer she waited for the woman to come out of the store, the more worked up she had gotten.

Harrison is experiencing more time outs lately as he has been fighting back. He likes to hit Will with hard objects.

Scott is retiling our bathrooms right now. Both had ugly small white tile that could never stay clean with two boys. William made me laugh the other day because Scott had taken one bathroom apart and the toilet is in our garage. William very seriously told me, "now you and daddy have to poop in the garage."

2 comments:

Martha said...

I don't think it's boring, I like to hear the stories. That's so funny that Will tells you what to say all the time for him. I like his comment about the toilet also! LOL

Kristen said...

That is so cute about you being a translator for Will! I miss that kid (and the rest of you too of course!). I can't wait until you visit again so Brady can play with your boys.