Sunday, March 1, 2009

Who is that scurrying in my house?

Nope, not a little mouse! Earlier this week I heard some rustling in my bedroom. I thought, that can't be right. But then Belle jumped up and ran over to the armoire in our bedroom and started barking. I was sick to my stomach thinking we had mice in our house. I never heard or saw anything again after that day....until today. Scott came to me this morning to tell me he found a lizard in our house and he wasn't small. So he got a bucket to catch him. We went to get him and he was gone! How can I live in a house with a big lizard? I'll never be able to sleep again. Then I started wishing it was a mouse because those are easy to catch with traps. Ugh. So as I was going to relax and sit down on the couch, what do I see?




I found him! This was the window right next to the couch. Look at those nails!!! With folder and a bucket we caught him. And now I am relieved because he is outside and not where we eat and sleep. My fear? How in the world did he get in and is he the only one? Ahhhh! And he was quite the little traveler. I first heard him in the bedroom. Scott saw him in the bathroom (I know, how bad would that suck to be going to the bathroom and have him run over your feet?). And we caught him in the living room. Poor guy was trying to find his way outside! Actually I don't feel too sorry for him as I am the one who is scared of reptiles. Now I keep thinking I am feeling stuff on me :)

2 comments:

Kate said...

That dude is huge!

Martha said...

I cannot believe that was in your house!!