Monday, September 29, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray for William!!!!!

Shout out loud, Hip Hip Hooray for William. NO SURGERY FOR WILLIAM!!!!! We had his appointment at the burn unit this morning and he checked out ok. He is healing perfectly and will not need any type of surgery or skin graphing. It truly is amazing how much better he looks every day. His face is nearly perfect. I know I keep saying it but the power of prayer is amazing. The doctors kept saying, "lets wait a couple more days" and here we are. We are so thankful to God for all of his blessings and his healing hands on William. Thank you so much to everyone for praying for him and keeping him in your thoughts.

William has had a few rough nights with recovering. He actually ripped out his shield a couple nights ago. After today's check up, he doesn't have to wear the shield anymore. We have to put Vitamin E on it 7-8 times a day and we have to protect him from the sun for a full year. The sun can cause that skin to discolor if we are not careful. Other than that, hopefully he will not even have any scars from this. We are beyond ecstatic.
Grandma Archer has been here helping us with the boys. All of us are so happy to have her here and thankful that she is able to help us during this tough time.

3 comments:

Martha said...

That's the BEST news!!! I'm so excited. I've been checking your blog all day because I knew you had an appointment today. Praise the Lord! :)

Kate said...

Oh, he already looks so much better! I'm so glad :)

Momma Dot said...

I have been following your blog (via Alix Bryant's blog... she was our realtor in SC when we lived there) - and I praise the LORD for Williams speedy recovery! I have a 18 month old and I've always feared something like that (hot coffee) happening and then I saw your blog. It broke my heart! And now we are praising with you... THE LORD IS GOOD! Please keep a friend of mine in your prayers - Carlos... he was in a coma and now out of ICU and slowly recovering from a hit & run (intentional hit) on a Charity Bike Marathon. There really is power in prayer... I believe it!
-Dot Ramirez (momma of 4 kids... now living in Guam with my Navy man)