Sunday, August 10, 2008

Santa Monica Beach and Pier


We had a family day yesterday. We took the boys to the Santa Monica Beach and Pier. I was surprised how long we stayed. We ended up staying for over 5 hours. We were all beat by time we came home. Not too mention Scott has a nice little burn from the sun. It was very relaxing. We ate lunch and sunbathed at the surfers area of the beach because it was less crowded than the swimmers area. Scott and William built a little sand castle while Harrison and I relaxed.




Harrison was so tired he fell asleep :) After the beach, we walked around on the pier. Ok I have a small complaint about California. So I have been craving a funnel cake for a long time (remember Steph, we looked when you visited in May). With me talking about it, Scott started craving one too. Now anytime we go anywhere, we wonder if there will be funnel cake. So we got lucky yesterday...so we thought. The Pier had a Funnel Cake Factory. Scott and I were so giddy. We ordered one and started to induldge. We both looked at each other after the first bite wondering if we talked it up so much. It tasted old and stale. But I just saw her make it. Then, I saw the dreadful sign, "We fry our foods in Fat Free Trans Oil." What the crap?! Why fry something if it is going to be fat free? Are you kidding me? These health conscious Californians. What are they thinking?!!!!


1 comment:

Martha said...

Looks like fun! What a different world than Missouri, it's so great that your kids get to have so many experiences!

Ditto on your comment! I love that you have a blog, I check it EVERY day.