Monday, April 12, 2010

SeaWorld Weekend

The weekend was nice but very busy, not to mention fun. We had our good friends, The Boes, over to the house on Friday night. We had a nice dinner and conversation. Saturday morning, we made a spur of the moment decision to head to San Diego to see SeaWorld again. Sometimes I feel like a kid because I love these parks just as much, if not more, than the kids. These animals just amaze me.

I have been having some heart rate issues. Friday night it reached 160 which woke me up. I don't remember having a nightmare or anything. Saturday morning I was ok so we figured it was ok to be out. At SeaWorld I could feel it racing several times so we were sure to let me sit down and rest at those times. Sometimes I feel this disorder is running our lives. I know Scott doesn't mind having to sit and rest but it's aggravating at times. My cardiologist appointment on Friday was ok. I explained to him that I was having major anxiety attacks since Tuesday. He told me I can take Xanax to help calm down and that I am not going to have a heart attack (yes, I did ask). This disorder just needs to be heavily monitored and I am the one in control. I have probably had 10 EKGs in the last month, not to mention all the other tests. If at any time I feel I cannot control my heart rate, even by administering additional medication, I can go straight into his office or meet him at the Emergency Room. It is just frustrating. I am on more medication and it seems more out of control. It is really high every morning and sporadically throughout the day. On a bright note and this is very bright to me. I am now allowed to exercise!!! If you know me well, this is a very big deal to me. It has driven me nuts that something I did almost every day I couldn't for a month. There are stipulations though. I still cannot exert myself. I know it will be different anyway since I get tired right now just walking around. I have to wear a heart monitor the entire time. I cannot let my heart rate exceed 150. As soon as it does, I have to stop. Now we shall see. I haven't worked out for a while but when I did, my heart rate was conditioned to the 130s. Who knows what will happen now though. I am just excited at the thought. Hopefully I don't get my hopes up and I can condition my heart back. I know it will be a lot of patience required. And again, if you know me well, I don't have much patience.


The Shamu show changed dramatically since the last time we were there. Since we were there last, SeaWorld Orlando had that whale kill one of the instructors. Now nobody is allowed in the water. That was the most amazing thing last time seeing their interaction and the tricks they would do together. It was still very entertaining though. The Shamu show was all Harry could talk about all day. Every exhibit we saw, he kept complaining to "go see whales." And when we did, the kid had a permanent smile on his face.

This clip is funny because the whales are purposely splashing the audience. The one below was the "Believe" show.

Yesterday was church, work and then shopping. It was a nice family weekend.

2 comments:

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

Oh, I thought that was so good...The video of those whales.
Kids look adorable to. Glad you had a great time. I would love to see something like that.

Martha said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! I love all the family things you all do together. Sounds like fun... except for the scary medical stuff. I'm praying that you are able to go back to living as normal as ever.