Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Discouraged

I was in the hospital again yesterday for a couple hours. My heart rate has been jumping up since last Thursday. But it was sporadic and would go away. Monday I wasn't having any issues. Yesterday from the moment I woke up I felt my heart racing. I kept monitoring it throughout the day and it stayed around 140 resting. We were busy yesterday with karate and such. Not to mention I was exhausted from the night before. It was probably one of the worst nights in a long time. Harrison and William were both up most of the night. Harry, just because he wasn't tired and William because he was in horrific pain with his stomach. I seriously thought he was having an appendicitis or something (but he is ok now). Anyway, I called my cardiologist and let him know what was happening. He basically chewed me out over the phone. Seriously. He yelled at me so much that he made me cry. I know that he was just concerned for my health and someone has to be. I know I should take better care of myself but at the same time, I have two toddlers. I can't just drop everything I am doing. He told me I had to go to the emergency room immediately because it wasn't healthy to have my heart rate that high while on my medications. The medications I'm on are supposed to keep my heart rate around 60 so you can see his concern.

I guess the one good thing about a heart problem is that you don't have to wait at the hospital. Dr. Soni met us there and we went right back to get an EKG and he gave me 50 miligrams of Metroprolol. Within no time my heart rate was normal again. Soooo now I am back on the Metroprolol, the medicine he took me off before because I was lightheaded all of the time, dizzy and my blood pressure got too low. The other medication I'm on, Midodrine, makes me nauseated periodically throughout the day. So you can understand my discouragement to be going through this all over again with finding the right dosage of the medications to keep everything in line. I'm so frustrated right now. I feel like I am never going to be released to work out again and since when is exercise bad for you?

I'm 30! I'm not supposed to have a heart problem. I'm depressed. I'm frustrated. I'm discouraged. I just want to go back to our normal life from a month ago.

3 comments:

Alix Bryant said...

so sorry that you have to keep going through this. I hope that they can figure out what's "wrong" with you soon and get it all under control. I can't imagine dealing with this with two toddlers. Makes me feel like a complainer for no good reason! keep us updated!

Kristen said...

I'm sorry that you're having such a rough time. It's so unfair. I wish I could say something more helpful... or that I could be there to take the boys off your hands so you could get some rest. The one thing I can do is keep praying, so I promise to do that. Hugs to you and your boys!

P.S. I LOVE the new family picture! You guys are too cute for words.

Kubik Family said...

ahhh Jymme-lyn, i'm soo sorry you are going through this! God is trying to say something..just not sure what! I'm praying for you that you are able to get back to normal life, but most especially that you are OK and healthy! PLEASE take care of yourself..i know it's hard tho!