Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

Wow, where did the weekend go? I really feel like we didn't have one. Friday night we went to Good Friday services. Our church joined a Catholic church a block away from ours for the service. Scott was asked to speak one of the lessons. What he hadn't realized is that over 400 people would be at the service. Our church usually has around 30 in attendance and maybe 50 on a big holiday. He did really well. We didn't get home till late and then Saturday we spent running errands (trying to find a pharmacy with my heart medication in stock is a nightmare each time)and prepping for church services. Scott was asked to read for Easter Sunday as well and I volunteered to be the Fellowship host. I get a little excited about holidays and get a little bit more than just cookies or a cake. I like to decorate. I brought in nuts, grapes, strawberries, eggs, a vegetable tray, shrimp cocktail, rolls, cheese, crackers and summer sausage, breakfast cake and cupcakes. Although that was nice, the clean up was a lot. Luckily a few people stayed after to help me clean up but then I had to stay after to attend to my treasurer duties. Unfortunately I didn't get home until 3pm. Then we had an egg hunt in our back yard. Scott cooked dinner to give me a break which was very nice.

The boys woke up to a very generous Easter Bunny this year.
Luckily the Easter Bunny's financial contributor didn't break the bank. The boys had left over birthday money that they never used so we were able to use that.

Here is a picture of the boys with Miss Shelby. She is the nursery attendant and they really look forward to spending time with her every Sunday.
Yummy
Don't ask why the boys have jackets on when it was 70 degrees yesterday. They wanted to wear them and you can't tell a toddler no. We all wore purple yesterday. I posted our family picture at the top of our blog. We hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter yesterday.

2 comments:

Martha said...

What a great looking family! :) It's a great picture. Don't you love how there's always (at least) one kid looking the wrong way? Sounds like you had a busy day, all the food looked great!

Kubik Family said...

LOOOVE your new family pic and the matching purple! Glad you guys had a great Easter and the boys had fun! WOW you and Scott do a lot for your church..they are lucky to have u!