Friday, October 30, 2009

Oh Harry!

Clumsy, yes! Bruises every where all the time, yes! Broken bones or stitches? NO, not yet at-least. But he did make his way to the emergency room yesterday afternoon. But this time it was not his risk taking or lack of fear. It was his big brother! Harrison came out of the room yesterday crying and sat on my lap. He buried his head in my chest and I consoled him. But then I felt something cold on my arm. I looked down and it was blood. I didn't see it when he came to me so I turned him around and sure enough the back of his head was gushing. Now if you don't know this, the head bleeds profusely when there is a laceration. I learned that with William when he got his stitches. I obviously started freaking out because there was so much blood. I couldn't even see his blond blonde hair. So off to the E.R. we went. On the way I asked William what happened. His response was he hit brother with a paci. I didn't believe him because there is no way a paci would cause a laceration like that. When we got to triage, he told the nurse he hit Harry with a block. I didn't believe that either because I was thinking of the plastic stacking blocks. William may have caused the drama but he was very helpful with Harrison. He held his hand and kept saying, "it's ok Harry, we taking you to the doctor." It ended well. Harrison didn't even need stitches. Just call me the over-cautious mom! But when we got home, I saw a wooden block on the floor and it has very pointed edges. Now we know exactly how it happened.

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

Glad Harry is ok! I would have freaked out!