Friday, October 16, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel???

Well I am almost done with my bartending school. It's bad that you can come and go as you please because it ended up taking me longer to finish than I wanted. My goal has always been to have a job by the end of October so hopefully I can get my butt in gear. I ended up taking off 3 weeks around my birthday and another week last week. And I only went one time this week but it was important because I decided to buck up and just take the written test. Everyone told me just to take it to get a feel for what is on it. Only one person in the history of this location has ever passed the first time. But to me, I can't just go into something knowing I am going to fail. It just isn't my personality. So after taking it (it WAS harder than I thought it would be), I started thinking of all the questions I got wrong. The owner is so detailed oriented that you have to be very specific. I passed with a 97%! Lets make me the 2nd person to ever pass the first time- woo hoo. And I got my results back from my TIPS certification and I received a 93% on that. Now all that is left is the speed test. I am hoping to take it next Friday if I feel comfortable. That means I need to practice! So I was telling Scott that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. But he said, "really, but then you have to start interviewing for jobs. And once you get one, you have to learn all of their stuff." Thanks Scott! Ha.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Way to go on your tests!

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

Congratulations!!!!!Great Job but of course we knew you could do it.