Friday, January 14, 2011

Toddler Tidbits

This week has gone by fast and I am so looking forward to resting this weekend. Anyhow, I made a quick decision to get the boys haircuts on Tuesday. Harrison loves his long locks and he was really upset with me last time I took him to get his hair cut. This time was so much worse. He cried bloody murder as he saw the locks fall on his lap. I was ready for a change with his hair and he can always grow the surfer look back.

He wasn't happy with me and William made it much worse for him. William went up to him and said, "you don't look like my brother Harry. I want my brother back." That made Harrison cry even harder. So I had two upset little boys on Tuesday. Scott was funny though because he came home from work and said, "wow Harry, I haven't seen the back of your neck in over two years!" Too funny.
In other news, my parents cat of 17 years died this week. They are really sad about it. I told William that Bob (the cat) died. He kept asking "why, why, why?" I tried to explain he was really old. And then the cutest thing ever came out of his mouth. He said, "Mama, is Nana sad? Tell her to be happy because Bob is with God and Jesus and the Lord. They will make him really strong and ......really big too. God likes cats and he wanted a new one. They will play with him. And he is happy so tell Nana and Pawpa to be happy too." My heart just melted that he came up with this all by himself. We haven't really talked about death at home besides when we flush a fish which doesn't count for much. He's obviously taking in what he learns from Sunday School, Preschool (it's Christian based) and Bible study. What a noble little 3 year old (almost 4) we have!

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

ahhh poor Harry! Too funny cause i read the top post first and thought WOW Harry looks soo much older and then read the haircut post and all the drama :( He looks really cute but yes very different! Atleast it grows back! How fun you guys are having such WARM weather! That is just precious what Will said about the cat too..kids are amazing the way they think! And u know he's been listening at school!