Thursday, November 4, 2010

Palm Springs 2010

Scott took me to Palm Springs over the last weekend. After three months of working and only seeing each other on the weekends, one week of endless doctor's appointments and the same week of him being out of town for work, he decided we needed some quality time together. Welcome to Palm Springs, A.K.A. "Gay 70's." I had no idea. Palm Springs is known as being either for 70 year olds (old I guess) or Gay. Our bellman told us this when we checked in. I have nothing against either :) But I will say that I did get a kick out of the 4 male cowboys at the bar hitting on Scott. And even taking it a step further and dancing for him!!! I actually loved it and his face was so bright red. I wish I had my camera with me at the time.

This was the view from our balcony and where we enjoyed some relaxation. It was in the 90's there over the weekend but we came back to the high 90's at home this week.
My favorite part of the trip was taking the aerial tram to the top of the mountain.
Even after parking our car, it was a steep incline to walk to the tram. Check out these views.

We had lunch up there and it was very romantic :) I will say wearing a dress wasn't so smart because it was 32 degrees at the top of the mountain. They were really fast pictures.
We just relaxed most of the weekend and two days goes by super fast. I loved this last picture while leaving Palm Springs. I love the color of the train cars with all the windmills in the background.
Thank you Scott for a great weekend getaway. And a special thanks to Nana, our "my Hana" as Harry calls her, for watching the boys for us.

No comments: