Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nana's trip

Nana (Payne) came out to visit recently. I know I am not going to do this post justice because I had over 700 pictures to sort through. I haven't seen my mom since last December so it was really nice to have her here. The boys really enjoyed playing with her and I so appreciated everything she did for us. She did a ton of babysitting while I went to doctor's appointment after doctor's appointment. She even watched the boys over the weekend while Scott and I went to Palm Springs.



But it wasn't all work for her. I took her to the Queen Mary in Long Beach. This is the ship my mom came over to the United States in when she was a little girl. It was a great experience to share with her since it was the first time back since coming to America. We took a tour and I even got the hotel to show us one of the rooms. The best part is that we saw her name in the book of passengers! We couldn't get a picture of it because it had a copyright-boo hoo!




We took the boys to the zoo one day. Since I post so many zoo pictures I figured I would just post this one with the boys running after the train :)

It's getting dark so early now but we took the boys to the park a few times.

Do you think this kid needs a haircut? Seriously? We can't decide to let it grow or to cut it. Any suggestions?

We fed the ducks at the park another day. Look at them surrounding us!


We had a tea party!



We went to Knott's Berry Farm and The Chicken Dinner Restaurant.

Mom even got Harry to ride on something other than "the seat."

We did some other stuff too. I showed her where the Charles Manson caves are. They are right behind our house in the hills. The so called "cult family" still live in the house on the top of the hill-ewe. I also showed here where Rocketdyne is (also in the hills behind our house.
I'm trying to think what else. There was a lot. I am so thankful to have had my mom come visit. I know we are all going to miss her so much. This is the tough part about living in California :(











No comments: