Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mr. Christmas

This year is going to be so much fun. I love that the older the boys are getting, the more excited they are about the season. We took the boys to see one of Santa's helpers today. William talked his ear off. He wanted him to be sure that he knew he wanted "a little excavator." A little excavator is the only thing William has asked for. He has a large one but he wants "one the size of a matchbox car." Of-course when I went looking, I found a backhoe, a roller, a spreader, etc but an excavator is hard to find. And the kid knows his tractors so he will not accept anything else. So we are on a mission. Or Santa better be :) Harry just wants something blue, preferably a computer like William's. I was nervous about the picture because Harry did not want to sit on his lap but it turned out well.

The other night we went to Simi Valley Town Center to watch them do the tree lighting. Harry fell asleep and missed the whole show but William was super excited the entire time. I had to post this picture because I think the expression on the woman's face in front of us is just great :)

Ok the best part. We put up all of our decorations yesterday. The boys helped me inside the house while Scott worked on the outside. I haven't taken a picture of our tree inside because the tree is a little bare after the ornaments became flying objects last year and we have less than half. We took the boys for a long walk and to the park yesterday. When we arrived home, it was dusk and the lights were on. I wish I would have had my flip video camera in my pocket at the time because the moment was priceless and I can never explain how cute it actually was. I will give it a try though. The words of William:
"oh my gosh! Check it out. Our house is all lit up. Oh my gosh, look at the candy canes. Oh my gosh, check it out, we have reindeer in the front. Oh my gosh, check it out, we have presents by the reindeer. Oh my gosh Harry, look at our tree we put up in the window. You can see it from outside. Check it out! Oh my gosh mommy, look at our house. Check it out!" Then our neighbor comes outside to talk to us, "did you see our house? It has a lot of lights. The garage has lights on it too. Where are your lights? Check it out."
Oh it was so cute. He just went on and on and on. I don't know that I have seen him that excited before. He wakes up in the morning and walks to the living room to admire the tree and all the decorations. Both boys point out the pictures of them as babies during Christmas. They are so excited about Christmas. I don't know how we are going to handle 28 more days of explaining to Will he has to wait for that little excavator.
Tonight we met a few members of our church to put up the church Christmas tree. We had a nice dinner and sang carols afterwards. It was very nice.
It's been a good weekend. I love the family time together. We had nothing planned and it has been nice and relaxing.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I like how you say you went to see one of Santa's helpers instead of Santa. Is that what you tell the boys? That's smart because they all look different.

Your house looks great and I love how excited Will is about Christmas. :)

Kristen said...

Will and Brady are going to be two peas in a pod when they see each other this weekend! Brady wants an excavator also! :) He would prefer a LARGE, riding one, but he said he'd settle for a remote control one. Good luck finding the small one! We may have one in our house if you want to swap it... :)

Kristen said...

Oops... that was supposed to be swipe, not swap!