Monday, November 1, 2010

Medical Update

Alright, it's been a while for the blog. That is due in part to me not having any time at home. Between preschool, Community Bible Study, Church work, errands and full-time work at Bank of America, I never had time. Now hopefully things will hopefully slow down a little.

I have been feeling worse lately. With being on the go all of the time, getting hardly any sleep
and being on a large dose of beta blockers, I felt exhausted all of the time. It's beyond the point of exhaustion sometimes though. I couldn't get out of bed sometimes and would have shortness of breathe. I understand that goes with the territory of my health problems. A few weeks ago, I received a call from my cardiologist reporting on my LifeWatch study. This was a study where I had a portable device and would record EKGS of my heart at certain times throughout the day. The study lasted 30 days and finished at the end of September. Well after analyzing my report, my study came back with disturbing results. It's hard for me to talk about it but things are worse than what we had originally thought. It was advisable for me to stop working so last Friday was my last day at BAC. It was really sad to leave because I really enjoyed what I was doing and the people I worked with. I made great friendships.

I didn't leave without a bang. My office was amazing. They surprised me with beautiful flowers, candy and a "scrapbook." Kisha sang "That's what friends are for" while over 100 people gathered around to say good-bye. It was very emotional and touching.
The scrapbook is really cute. They designed it as a elementary students to their teacher.









I will miss them very much! Well this week off of work hasn't been much of a break. I have over ten appointments this past week. I had 6 MRIs on Monday alone. Those results have not come back yet. Where we are right now is to wait for an appointment with an EP doctor. They believe I have a "short circuit" or extra pathway in my heart. The beta blockers really aren't working and my heart cannot continue going through tachycardia at the rate that it is. I have had my moments of depression and being scared. Scott has been great about reminding me to stay hopeful and positive. This is a very condensed version of what is going on but at-least I am trying to catch you all up :)




1 comment:

Martha said...

Sorry to hear things are still up in the air with your medical issues. Hopefully someone can figure out a good treatment for you soon!

It looks like you were really loved at work, which doesn't surprise me at all!