Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Expenses Expenses

*UPDATE* It was a Zuzu pet he flushed! Those things are huge!!!

You remember this post where I said we have had no problems with our car? I should never say things like that because you know I am just jinxing myself. Anyway last week, the car broke down and we had to have a tow truck come twice. Luckily it wasn't a huge problem and only cost a few hundred dollars to fix. While it was in the shop we asked them about the CD player Will broke (he jammed his favorite cd in there) but it would cost $600 to fix it. I think we can go without. And we asked about childproof locks. They argued with us over the phone that there is a switch on the door panel. Well when we came in to pick it up, we asked them to show us the switch :) They were surprised and said, "hmmph, haven't seen that before. This car really doesn't have child proof locks." So as bad as it sounds, Scott suggested we just take out the back door handles. It will look bad but is probably the safest option.

Now to the big expense. Harrison is notorious for flushing toys down the toilet. Usually he is mad at Will and takes something from him, runs as fast as he can, throws it in and flush-be gone. Well whatever he flushed Friday morning wouldn't go down or come back up. I tried and tried and tried. I even stuck my arm (to my elbow) down to see if I could pull whatever up it was that he flushed. Instead of calling a plumber then (which I should have) I waited for Scott to come home. He couldn't fix it either. Instead of dealing with the holiday weekend prices a plumber would charge, we shut the door and have been using our other bathroom. Well wouldn't you know that things couldn't be that easy? Yesterday we noticed water leaking from around base of that toilet. So now we know that the pipes are backed up with pressure from whatever Harrison flushed in the front! I called the plumber that recently did a job at our church in hopes of getting someone out here quickly and affordable. They are here now and it looks like they are having trouble with the front. Thanks Harrison! I don't want to know what this is going to cost!!!

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

OMG you poor thing! Seriously i know it's not funny but i am unfortunately laughing as i'm reading...you should write a book with all your kid stories you tell :) Hope the guy is able to fix it cheaply :) Also i can't believe the boys open the car door..that is soo freaky! Better to be safe for sure!