Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend fun

Hm, what trouble can we get in? No we actually had so much fun this weekend. We neglected all other needs of the weekend and headed to the beach both Saturday and Sunday. It was so much fun. It had been too cold to go to the beach and overcast but this weekend, it all turned. It is officially beach season so you know where to find us every Saturday.

The boys are pretending to take naps. Belle made new friends. June and Cash were picnicking right next to us so they played all day together on Saturday. Scott and I boogie boarded. It was so fun. Well this isn't a good picture since there are no waves :)
We had fun running and dancing.
Making sand castles. Harrison is still a little leery of the water.
We played soccer. Football.
We were exhausted when we got home. He is really sleeping here :)
But we had to celebrate. Saturday William turned three and a half! Where did the time go? William is such a smart cookie too. I told him earlier in the week that Saturday was his half birthday. When we got home William said, "don't forget my surprise. It's my half birthday." He has quite the memory. But to top it off I feel like such a horrible mom. A few months ago, he saw a large Buzz Lightyear at the store. He really wanted it and I told him no but maybe on his half birthday. This was seriously about 2 months ago. So he got all excited Saturday and said, "oh, don't forget my big Buzz mommy." And of-course I had :( But we did have some cake.
Sunday we stayed at the beach till the sun was going down.

And the weekend was perfect all the way up until the last couple minutes. The entire time we were there, I made sure to take off my sunglasses every time I went out into the water. Right as we were packing up, I took the boogie board out to the water to wash it off and forgot to take them off. So what do you know, a big wave comes up and hits me in the face swallowing my D&G sunglasses. I am still so upset with myself. I have to get over it but it sucks! All in all, it was a fabulous weekend of sunbathing and family bonding.

No comments: