Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Oh Boys! And a medical update

I am having a pretty bad day. I had to have a procedure done today and not a fun one (like there are fun ones?). I visited a urologist a week ago due to a lot of pain. It turned out that I developed a very large cyst on my urethra and had an infection. I seriously felt like someone kicked me in the crotch. I wondered if the boys did since they have been sleeping in the bed. After a visit to the Gynecologist and he said everything was ok, I wasn't convinced since the pain was getting worse. The urologist was surprised I could walk by the size of this cyst. It was protruding out and he was shocked the OBGYN didn't catch it. Yeah too much information. Basically I had a gyno visit for fun. Anyhow when the urologist was doing the exam, he found I had a very large bladder stone as well. I can't catch a break, huh? I have to be the most unhealthy "healthy" person I know. Apparently I developed these urinary problems because of my heart medication and additional salt to my diet for my low blood pressure. So my day did not start off good with having to have a procedure to have the stone broken up and the cyst removed. Luckily the cyst ruptured and is not as large so I don't have to have it removed ASAP (as of now). It isn't causing me a lot of pain now so we are going to wait. So after my procedure I headed to church to do some volunteer work. And on my way, I took a different route to pick up the payroll checks. This isn't a normal route I ever take. And what do you know? I get pulled over by a new cop. Yes I found out he was new because our neighbor is a police officer and he told me. I got a ticket. Not even a warning. I haven't even been pulled over in ten years. And my ticket? For turning right on red between the hours of 10am and 3pm on a weekday (I didn't see the sign). Ugh!
Then I come home and find that part of the lunch I ordered is not in the bag. And when I think all is bad, my babysitter whom I absolutely love is moving! Not a good day. The boys love her and she is so good with them. I am happy for her but sad for us :(

But the boys cheer me up. I see them rocking their babies and I get a little worried that they may ask for a little brother/sister. But no, they were "fishing."
Can we erase this day and start over?
In other medical news, here is the skinny on my heart issues. I saw a new cardiologist at Cedars Sinai for a second opinion. He has done a lot of research and has consulted a team of cardiologists and neurologists on my case. They are in agreement that my current cardiologist is not correct with his diagnosis. In looking at my medical records, "there is something very unusual and dangerous." My symptoms combined don't make sense together. He is going above and beyond in my book with all the research he is doing. He is even consulting doctors at UCLA. As of now, he is waiting to hear back from a doctor at UCLA who is an expert at cracking mysterious cases. But he is on vacation until August 11th. They have requested more medical records from my family physician (not related to my heart) in hopes of maybe finding something else. He said he likes the term "mystery" for me because my condition is very odd and not easy to diagnose. It's not comforting knowing I have something "critically wrong and dangerous" with me but it is nice to know that I have a team of doctors searching for a solution. So my fingers are crossed that we figure something out.


2 comments:

Kubik Family said...

WOW...i'm soo sorry you had such a bummer day! Seriously you need a break! Glad you found out what your discomfort was tho! Bummer about the babysitter too..definitely helps to have a good one!I hope Harrison gets to feeling better too!

Martha said...

Like I've said before... I don't know how you keep up with two kids and deal with your health issues. We'll continue to pray for you. I'm glad you've got new doctors looking at your case. Hopefully they can determine a better treatment plan for you.

(Cute pictures!)