Thursday, June 10, 2010

Catching up with the Archers

I forgot to post this picture a while ago. We had the air mattress up while the Archers were visiting. The day they left, the boys decided to take a "nap." They pulled out their pillows and blankets. For some reason, I guess that means taking your shirt off. And of-course our kids don't actually nap so that is why I said "nap."
Scott took these pictures the other night and I love the sequence since it is in the matter of seconds.

Oh and I would like to suggest Topsy Turvy to anyone with a dog who takes the vegetables right before you are ready to get them. They actually work! Check out my tomato plant. I am so excited to have home grown tomatoes.


I haven't been feeling well. Today marks the third day of heart issues. It has progressively getting worse. I'm trying to manage my heart rate on my own with medication but yesterday I took more than I have in the past. My heart rate was 160 sitting down yesterday but I was able to bring it down here and there but not below 100. This morning my blood pressure was really low along with a high heart rate so I had to swallow a hand full of salt to help the pressure. I know I need to call my cardiologist BUT I really have lost all confidence in him. He doesn't listen to me and the times I tell him I have high heart rate, he tells me I shouldn't have it then. For instance: I have noticed that my heart rate is high when I wake up (before getting out of bed) and he knew that because they had to wake me up while in the hospital because my heart rate would spike when I was sleeping. That should not happen with the diagnosis I have. My diagnosis states that my blood pressure and heart rate are affected by standing up and exerting energy. The other time that is consistent is when I have a drink of alcohol, my heart rate goes up. My cardiologist's response was, "um, that shouldn't happen." I also asked him about a particular heart syndrome one of my doctor friends asked about and his response was, "well I haven't seen that in your tests but that doesn't mean you don't have it." So I really feel like he has given up on me. Today I am having shortness of breath so I am getting a little nervous.
On another note, our boys are going through every stage imaginable. William has serious separation anxiety issues with me. I cannot go to the bathroom without tears streaming down his face that I am leaving. You don't want to see the scene for when I actually have to leave the house. Harry is a short-tempered terrible two. William is a terrible three. Ugh, it has been really hard around here. They do not listen AT ALL! I thought it was just me and losing my patience so fast but Scott had them for two hours the other night and when I came home, I think he lost some of his hair. He told me he didn't know how I did it all day, he was going crazy after an hour. I know this stage shall too pass but if anyone has any ideas of how to discipline 2 and 3 year olds, that would be great. Better yet, if you can just tell me how to get them to hear me, that would be great.






1 comment:

Alix Bryant said...

Oh Jymme, I feel for you. I am about to write my own blog post about dealing with a 3 year old and a two year old! Juliet is so sassy and Isaac is so defiant! I'm at my wits end too. I've been listening to Love and Logic on CD in the car... good luck!