Saturday, September 5, 2009

A perfect dog

A perfect dog or a perfect day? I couldn't decide on the title of this post because I have both. I'm sure if you are a reader of this blog, you can figure out that we go to the beach every weekend. Today was absolutely perfect. The temperature was perfect. It wasn't crowded. The water was nice. We played in the water and sand. We found sand crabs. We played soccer on the beach. We played catch with the football. It was perfect. We decided to get crazy and take Miss Belle with us today. We were a little hesitant but it turned out great.

Belle really does get the "short end of the stick." She doesn't get as much attention as she used to and she doesn't have a big back yard. She no longer has her boyfriends (from Utah). And she puts up with a lot from the boys everyday (tackling her, hitting her, etc). They do love her though. They are just rough!

Well little Miss Belle had a great day. She was so happy playing in the water and with some other dogs on the beach. I say she is a perfect dog by her actions. Even though she gets the short end of the stick, she is still the most lovable and loyal dog there is. She thought some girl out far in the ocean was me. She kept swimming (and whining) to get to me (her). You could tell she was really nervous for the girl who was way out there. Waves were crashing into Belle and she kept getting drug under the water but she wouldn't give up. I had to swim out to get her and let her know I was ok. And every time the boys got close to the water, Miss Belle was right next to their side. Scott or I would be next to them too but I guess we aren't good enough because she was watching over them. She is very protective. I love her and I am so proud she is part of our family. Here are some pictures of her playing in the water :)








2 comments:

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

Love you Ms.Belle

Unknown said...

Belle looks so happy! Those are great pictures.