Friday, September 11, 2009

The Big 3 0 !

What an amazing day! There are no words to explain how blessed I feel and how lucky I am! I have the most amazing family. I woke up this morning to beautiful flowers and breakfast. Just to back up a little, Scott wakes up every morning at 4am!!! Yes, 4am! So I don't know what time he got up this morning to make sure there were fresh flowers for my awakening and breakfast ready. Of-course I had to warm that up since I get a few more hours of sleep than him each day :)

After breakfast we went to the park to play. And (continuing from the earlier post) the boys went through Nana's suitcase :) Then we headed to the mall to ride the train and play in the play area. Oh and shop of-course. Mom bought me a cute new Victoria's Secret swimsuit (I'll show that off later-ha).














Then Mom, A.K.A Nana, took us out to a very nice Italian lunch. Yummy! We headed home and rested for a little bit. Scott came home and made dinner. He grilled out ribeye steaks and vegetables. And then he brought out this amazing cake! Seriously, have you seen a prettier cake?! Love it!!!!!

Then I got to open presents-always fun. Scott popped open a bottle of bubbly and sent me on a scavenger hunt. He is always so creative and makes it fun. He sent me all over the house with clues and gifts. As if my day wasn't great enough, I got cards from family, so many phone calls , emails, text messages and facebook messages from friends and family, some new clothes, an ipod from the boys (for when they drive me crazy and we need to dance), and the final present was found in my swimsuit drawer.....
Tickets to the Riviera Maya, Mexico. In a black portfolio I found passports, travel tickets, itinerary and hotel information (can you tell my husband loves marketing?). I seriously have to brag on my hubby and tell you how great he is. He called my mom over two months ago and asked her to come out over my birthday. Obviously she had no problem with that. He had this planned that long!!! And how they kept it a secret is beyond me. I knew my mom was coming out but I thought just to visit. Scott is always so good to me and I am so blessed but he always amazes me at how he takes care of me and treats me like a princess. He makes every day special for our family. I am so lucky. And to have my mom here tops it off. A fantastic birthday with a great family. 30 Rocks!

2 comments:

Martha said...

That is awesome!! I'm so glad you had such a great birthday!! The flowers and cake are beautiful and I'm so excited for you that you get to get away with Scott!

Kubik Family said...

YEAH!! WOW that will be so fun! Way to go Scott :) Glad you had a great bday!