Monday, August 31, 2009

Classes

I had a few people ask me what "classes" I was talking about in one of my posts so I thought I would clear the air. We have come to the dreaded realization that California is WAY too expensive to live off of one income. So I need to go back to work. Scott and I both like that I am a stay-at-home mom and want to keep it that way as much as possible. Neither one of us want to send the boys to daycare. So we tried thinking of what jobs I can have at night that actually pays anything. Retail? No. Serving? No. Stripping? Yes, but I am definitely not doing that! Ha. Bartending? Well yes. There we go. So I have enrolled myself at the National Bartenders School. Right now I am studying to get my Mixology license. And I have to tell you, it is pretty fun so I chose something that is fun-yay. I still have a long way to go. The school I go to has job placement so that will help. I also got my TIPS certification yesterday (TIPs - Training for Intervention Procedures by Servers of Alcohol). Actually I have to wait about a month for my test results. I am also taking a bottle flipping course. And I am taking a class to become a connoisseur of wine and coffees. Yes I already think of myself as a connoisseur of wine (ha) but I will actually have a certification proving it now :)



It is fun but a lot harder than I thought it would be. And it is overwhelming. I hope to cram it all in in the next couple months so I can get a job by the holidays. I want to work about 3 nights a week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

oh wow! How fun!!I bet you will be great at that...you seem to have an outgoing personality..great for customer service and tips!! :)Good luck!