Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I love being a mom!

Now do I love waking up at 5am every morning because Harrison wakes up at that time for the day? No. Do I like force feeding him his bottle because he hates to drink? No. Do I like fighting with him to take a nap? No. But those things are nothing compared to the sounds of him waking up, "ahhh, cooo, daddda, gully. glllll." Nothing to his constant ambition to learn something new. Nothing to his fabulous loud laugh.

I love that yesterday when Will woke up, Harrison went up to his bed and started playing peekaboo with him. Both boys were laughing hysterically. I truly believe the sound of laughter is one of the best sounds on earth. I love that when I was putting clothes away yesterday William jumped out of the closet and yelled, "raaaa!" And yes, he scared me but it was so funny. And I absolutely love that as I was tucking myself into bed last night, I found a little shoe under my covers. I have mentioned this before and I will again. William has the biggest show fetish and he is so funny about it. He has to put them away neatly and he makes sure everyone is wearing shoes from sunrise to sunset. If you aren't, he will bring you a pair and insist you wear them. He is particular about putting his shoes in the right place so to find ONE shoe, not a pair, in my bed last night made me smile.

These are just some of the little moments why I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Martha said...

This is a great post! :) It's great to remember how much fun they are despite the lack of sleep, etc.