Thursday, November 20, 2008

Break's over

This past week has been good. Harrison has actually been taking naps during the day!!! This is big for him since he doesn't like to sleep. I should have known yesterday when pulling up to the doctor's office (to get Will's stitches removed) that the break would soon be over. Of-course there was construction at the doctor's office and I had to park 3 blocks away. I had to carry both boys for 3 blocks (Will wouldn't walk) and I have a torn tendon and damaged nerve in my right arm. This should have been my sign. Anyway, it turns out that Harrison has yet ANOTHER double ear infection. I have lost count on this little guy. I feel so bad for him. No wonder he never wants to drink a bottle or sleep. He is less than 10 months old and has had back to back ear infections for the past 5 months. Last week he got a clean bill of health and he just got off of 3 back to back rounds of antibiotics and now he is back on them again. William started walking the day after he had tubes in his ears. His doctor said that because of his hearing being bad because of ear infections and his equilibrium being off, he didn't have the balance. Now I am wondering if poor little Harrison is going to be the same way. He has been walking holding on for some time now but hasn't walked on his own. He's in good spirits and a happy baby despite his ears. He can't have surgery until he can go two weeks without an ear infection. He hasn't done that. And now his doctor wants to wait until he is at-least one to get tubes. I usually am not for surgery on a baby but William has not had one ear infection since he got them so they proved to be very beneficial. I feel so bad for Harrison to have to live in pain like he does.

On another note, it has finally cooled down this week (mid 80s) and next week should be in the lower 80s. I am so ready for a change of season. It's hard to believe it is almost Thanksgiving with this heat.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Have you tried going to a chiropractor for the ear infections? They can do some simple adjustments that open up the ear canals and let the fluid drain. I've been taking Sophie since she was really small, and it's done wonders for a variety of baby problems (clogged ears, constipation, etc.). It's very non-invasive.