Friday, April 29, 2011

A Stay-at-Home Mom kind of day

Yesterday was perfect. We didn't do anything big but it felt so good to spend quality time with the boys. Don't get me wrong when I vent here. I am supposed to work part time at our church (16 hours a week) and any extra time I consider my volunteer time. Well lately it has been around 40 plus hours a week. I can't get away from the place as there is always something that needs to be done. I spend more time taking care of Church than I do my home. Even the day I had the flu, I had to go in to pay some vendors. Now I love the church and what I do. I just need to learn how to not take everything on and to ask for help from others. It has become more of a full time job instead of community service. I need to get back to loving it and not dreading what I have left undone. So yesterday I took the day off! This is pretty big since I am there 7 days a week. So I blocked everything out in my mind and spent the day focused only on the boys.

We went to the park to play in the morning. How cute are they?!!! We went shopping for a birthday party we are attending this weekend. And coincidentally we found "Old Puffer Pete." William has wanted this specific train since the beginning of the year and we could never find him.

And I know this is probably not a big deal to anyone else but FINALLY some of our Wal-Marts and Targets have become Super Centers. California didn't allow super centers before (I forget the word used here for that). Well they finally lifted it and now we have them. You don't realize how much you love super centers until you don't have them. And the prices are amazing! So Target had some Easter Egg cookie sets on sales obviously. They were $10 marked down to $2.25. So our project of the day was decorating cookies.....or eating the frosting.


We actually took a nap after this which is huge for my boys. When we got up, we had dinner and went back to the park with Dad. Then exercised together-the boys are so cute trying to do jumping jacks and crunches. I will have to videotape it for you. Baths, reading and bed. It was just a nice relaxing family day that I missed so much. I love being a stay-at-home mom and I need to get back to the focus of that. Not that it isn't ok to take care of other things but taking care of my family and myself first.

No comments: