Friday, April 22, 2011

So Incredibly Proud

Let me give you a bit of a background. We put William in preschool because he can be anti-social. It took over 4 months but after that, he doesn't cry EVERY time I drop him off anymore. For his Christmas singalong, he stood up there and looked miserable. Last weekend his preschool was singing for their church so we went there before heading to our church. Well he wouldn't even go up to the front with all of the kids. Instead he cried bloody murder and sat on my lap. So this past Wednesday at Community Bible Study the boys were scheduled to sing in front of all of the women. Throughout the week we practiced their songs if by some miracle they would actually sing them. I mean what would change from Sunday to Wednesday? There are A LOT of women that attend CBS and if you can tell from the picture, there were only 6 children "singing."

I tried to hide so that the boys wouldn't see me and I had a friend take my camera. But the teacher next to William pointed me out and I thought it was over at that point. He looked like the water works were about to start. So all 6 kids got up there and not one of them sang! You could hear the teachers pretty good though. It was over and the little boy in the green stripes started singing and was pretty good. This must of prompted Will because out of nowhere, William grabbed the microphone from his teacher.

And he sang solo and sung his little heart out!!!!! I was in absolute disbelief because if you knew William well, this was complete opposite of his personality in big crowds. And sang loud, clear and very proud. I think my smile was from ear to ear as my heart just melted!!!! AND every one clapped and cheered because he was fantastic. I couldn't be more proud of my little William!!! Oh and if you look at the very first picture, you can see Harrison on the right looking at William while he sang :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww I'm so proud of William!!

Amanda said...

That is awesome! Go William! Such a cute story.