Sunday, February 13, 2011

Toddler Tidbits and Weekend Update

Toddler Tidbits:

Harrison is in a stage where he always says, "Ahhh, nuts!" as a response to a lot of things. It is really hard not to get a chuckle. On the other hand, he has quite the temper. I thought I survived the terrible twos but I am just realizing they have carried over to the threes but twice as bad. :) But other times he is so lovable. The kid just has a temper. Mom, you need to tell Scott I was a perfect child because he keeps asking me if I acted this way when I was a kid.

William and Harrison rode the train at the mall today. They rode with a little girl about 4 or 5. When they got off the train, the little girl grabbed her mom's shirt, pointed at William and made the motion with her hands that he is a talker-ha. And that is so true. William doesn't stop talking most of the day. It is just funny for a little girl to point it out.

Tonight at dinner it was really quiet (for a split second) and William raised his voice and declared, "I am John the Baptist!" Guess we know what he learned about in Sunday School today :) Thanks Shelby.

Weekend Update:
Friday was fun. We went to family dinner at our favorite restaurant, Los Torros. They have the best margaritas and bean dip. The boys love it because Fernando comes to our table every time and sings them 2 songs. Fernando is a guitar player there. Also, the balloon guy came over and made William a Thomas the Train balloon and Harrison a Tiger balloon. Harrison was very persistent that all he wanted was a balloon. Not anything else. We had to convince him to get an animal.
Saturday was beautiful as it has been for a few days here. It was in the 80's so we took the boys to Six Flags to ride some rides. I got to say, I am loving that place (well Bugs Bunny land at-least). There are no lines not even on the weekend. Afterwards, we headed to Yummy cupcakes. See, I have this problem with cupcakes. I love them. Sprinkles cupcakes are so good but it is such a task getting down to Beverly Hills, finding parking and then waiting in line for them. Although, I do say it is worth it. But there is another place closer that I found online and I hinted to Scott (sent him the website link and the flavors I wanted to try :) tee hee) for Valentine's Day. So I got my present a few days early:)
Since I am the Office Manager at church, I was in charge of getting everything in order for the annual meeting. Besides the paperwork stuff, I set up the lunch. And because I love cupcakes so much, everyone else should too, right? So I made them last night and Sir Harry was the lucky boy to do all the decorating. Didn't he do a good job?

Today we had church of-course followed by our Annual Congregational Meeting. I ran for Church Council Treasurer again and will repeat the position this year. And Scott stepped up and ran for Church Council President. And he will fill that role this year. Afterwards, we went to the mall. It is amazing what a few quarters and a train ride will do for those boys:) Our mall added a bunch of those riding machines so we let them ride 4 of them. Plus there is a play area and a train that takes you around the mall. So it keeps them happy and entertained:)

And that was our weekend.

No comments: