Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving on up

Yesterday I was called into the unit manager’s office at work. My heart was racing. I looked down at my outfit and wondered if my dress was too short (they have a knee length policy and of-course mine wasn’t). How bad would it be to be sent home the second week of work for dress code?! So he asked me to shut the door and my heart was racing even faster. Then he advised me that all of the managers got together and voted on who they thought was the best fit for the last management position in the unit. Out of the 50 plus employees to chose from, all 6 managers had a unanimous vote on Jymme-Lyn Archer. So I was asked if I would like to fill that position and of-course I accepted! One of the managers came up to me afterwards to congratulate me and said “it took me five years to get where you got in 7 days!” I replied, “ahh come on, it was 9 days. :)”

3 comments:

Kubik Family said...

WOW that is awesome!!! Congratulations!!! See there is a plus...haaa! Hope that means more $$$$ too! :)

Martha said...

Ha! That's great! :)

Kristen said...

Congrats! That's impressive!