Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weekend Recap

The weekend wasn't the best. It wasn't the worst. Friday night was good. Scott met the boys and I at the Farmer's market where we picked out fresh produce. I LOVE Farmer's Markets. Afterwards, we found a little bar-be-que hole in the wall restaurant. It was nice. We don't venture out much for dinner with the boys but they did well. Saturday...not so good. I pulled my trapezius muscle early in the morning. The trapezius muscle stretches across your shoulders, half way down your back and up in your neck. I was in such horrific pain that I actually almost passed out from it. Everything turned white and Scott had to catch me. All I could think is, "can I catch a break?" I just want to feel normal for one week. Is that really all that much to ask for? Scott wanted to take me to the doctor but I didn't want to go knowing that most likely they would just give me pain killers and muscle relaxers. I went to a physical therapist last year for pain in my back and thought to call her to see if there was a chance she was open on a Saturday. Well luck was definitely on my side. For some odd reason, she had given me her cell phone number. She answered and was leaving for Las Vegas but understood the pain level I was in as she had pulled that same muscle before. So she met me at her office and helped me out before she left for her vacation. The pain hasn't gone away completely but I am feeling a lot better than I know I would if I just masked the pain with muscle relaxers and pain pills. I am keeping up on stretching it out. Regardless, Saturday was a bust.

Sunday I had a job interview. It was at a high end hotel bar in Hollywood. I know now is probably not the best time for me to get a job but they called me and maybe this was meant to be. So I thought. I got there and the manager quit a couple days before and didn't let anybody know. So that was a bust. I wasn't too happy with having to stress out about interviewing, missing church and driving downtown. But the rest of the day panned out. The boys had a fun birthday party to go to and we had a church conference that night. I forgot to take my camera to the party but the boys had so much fun with the bubble maker and the bouncy house.

Today was nice. My friend, and Pastor of our church, came over to watch the boys so that I could have some "me time." I didn't even know what to do really. I ended up going to the mall to pick up a little gift for Scott. It's our anniversary this weekend. And I ended up getting a manicure and pedicure. I haven't had a manicure or pedicure in probably over a year. It was nice! Afterwards we all had lunch together. I wish I would have taken pictures because the boys just love Madeline. She is a couple months younger than Harrison and she is the youngest of four children of our Pastors. The boys were asking about her tonight and saying, "she is really nice." The boys and I kept busy the rest of the day. We walked Belle to the mailboxes, played in the water and ventured to the park to run with Belle and slide down the slides. They were tuckered out tonight.

I don't know if I mentioned this in earlier posts but I enrolled the boys in a "dancing tots" class. Last Wednesday was the first class and lets just say, it did not go well. I am hoping tomorrow is better. And maybe I will have some pictures to post on that. I also enrolled myself in meditation classes. I have attended two sessions so far and I am so excited. I think it will be good for my heart, stress and patience. I really love the class and am trying to work on it throughout the day. My heart rate has been high lately and I have been having to take a lot more medication to try to control it. I don't like that at all so I am trying to help with alternate ideas.

1 comment:

Kubik Family said...

ahh that is a precious pic of Scott and Harrison! Glad you got to get a little pampering in for yourself too!