Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Recap with The Archers

It was a fantastic weekend at the Archers. At church this morning, the boys presented me with this wonderful gift. William and Harrison had a little help from Miss Shelby. Thanks Shelby, I absolutely love it!!! The boys also gave me a gift that I am VERY excited about. It is being delivered tomorrow in the form of a cleaning crew!!! William and Harrison know that mommy has been a bit worn out and housework gets away from us at times. Obviously it is more important to play than clean so someone else gets to do it. They are coming to do a little Spring cleaning. I am so excited that my two and three year old are so brilliant to think of something like this :) Thanks Scott! We also had a picnic in the park this evening. Or I should say, Scott and I had a picnic while the boys were busy playing.

And if today wasn't great, yesterday was fantastic. Scott and I celebrated our sixth year wedding anniversary. The traditional gift for the sixth year is "sugary sweets." Cupcakes it is! Then we headed to Long Beach to have dinner with South African winemakers on The Queen Mary. It was a five course meal with wine pairings for each course. It wasn't food I have ever had before but it was a great experience. Just look at the view...

And what makes it even a more special anniversary is that my mom also has been on this ship. It was 59 years ago when she set sail from Germany with her sister and parents to come over to the United States and become part of this Country. It is so exciting to explore this ship that my mom came to the states on when she was 4. It's part of my history and I wouldn't be here today if my grandparents didn't decide to make that journey.
My mom is 100% polish. Yes, I am a pollack :) She became a naturalized citizen when she was 22.
Enjoy the pictures mom. I can't wait to take you here next time you visit!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Especially to my mom. I love you so much and I am so thankful for all that you have done for me. I am very thankful to my grandmother for making that trip. I have never met her but I am named after her. My middle name is Sophia which is my Grandmother's name. My Grandmother died September 11th, 1969 and I just so happened to be born on the 10th anniversary of her death. So there is a little family history for you :)
Thank you to my Mother-in-Law. You raised a sensitive, caring and generous son. You blessed me with my wonderful husband. You have opened your heart to me. I am so thankful.
I know most people feel blessed to share Mother's day with their mothers and I wish we could do the same. Please know that Scott and I feel very blessed to have you two as our Mothers. Happy Mothers day.

1 comment:

Martha said...

What a great weekend! It's great that your anniversary and Mother's Day fell on the same weekend. :)

(Happy Anniversary and Happy Mother's Day!)

That's really awesome that you were on the same ship that your mom came to America on many years ago! This was a cool post, I liked all the history. :)