Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Seperation Anxiety?

So I am mopping the floor and I make my way into Harrison's room to find him in his old walker. He is still in it right now zooming around the house. He hasn't played in it in months so I guess it is a *new* toy now. He is so silly.

Anyway, the real subject of my post. William is going through a seperation anxiety issue right now. For the last two weeks, he must sleep with us. He tells me he is scared of his room. Within seconds of being put down for bed, the light is on and he is headed out the door to "mommy's bed." And no it isn't mommy AND daddy's bed. William told me "Daddy sleeps in mommy's bed." Glad he has things straight :) So going on, after Will falls asleep we put him back in his bed. But it is just crazy that every morning he is laying right next to me in bed. I don't know what to do. I can't lock him in his room. Last night I explained to him that I am not leaving. Well that was the wrong thing to say because he hugged me until he fell asleep. He seriously would not let go. Now I know that sounds cute but it isn't easy trying to fall asleep with a two year old around your neck :) This morning William asked me, "No work for daddy. Daddy home?" I said no and his response was, "but please???" Poor guy.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I feel your pain... Brady's going through something very similar. He has always been an awesome sleeper... until recently. He wakes up more than Cooper does at night now! I know it's because he's scared, so it's really hard to just "ignore" it. Hopefully it's just a phase that they will grow out of!

Martha said...

Oh no... I know how hard it is to sleep with a child hugging your neck.