Monday, April 30, 2012

Malibu Date Day

Friday was really nice.  Scott took the day off so we could go on a day date.  We very rarely spend time together in the middle of the day.  It was a nice change.  The boys were excited too because Jillian came home from college to watch them and she took them to ChuckECheese for lunch.  Does it get better than that for Mr. Harrison?!

   date night 1 date night 2 date night 3Scott and I headed to Malibu and we ate lunch at Kristie’s Woodfire Grill and Wine Bar.  We never heard of it before but it looked pretty cool up on the bluff so we decided to try it out.  It turned out really good and we were glad we stopped.  We are pretty cheesy sometimes so we decided to stop at a scenic overlook during our drive. 

 date nighy 771 date nighy 776  scenic 3scenic 2You would think we were tourists!

We had free tokens to Malibu Wines so we stopped there next.  We haven’t been before.  It was really pretty.  I would love to go back on the weekend because they have this huge garden/patio areas and they have bands play on Saturday nights.  We did enjoy just sitting, relaxing and enjoying each other’s company while there.

 wine 1wine 2

Afterwards, we went down to 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.  I am only posting this part because of this kid. 

 

kid playingI don’t like seeing kids pan handling but it is nothing new to the Santa Monica/Venice area.  But I have got to give it to this kid.  His dad is obviously investing the money into drum lessons.  He was so good.  I would say better than a lot of adults.  I didn’t even know it was a kid playing until after we saw the huge crowd around him. 

We ended the evening at Moonshadows.  I have been craving the Spicy Hawaiian Tuna Tartare since my birthday.  It did not disappoint!  Loved it.  We ate dinner on the patio next to the balcony. They also had a DJ playing outside.  By 10:30, I was wiped out and ready to go home.  How sad is that?  We have a babysitter and I was so tired from getting up at 5:30am that I was ready to go home afterwards. 

    balconytuna   moon shadows

It was such a wonderful date though.  I am one lucky girl!

No comments: