Monday, March 26, 2012

Disneyland Adventures

Well I did it!  I took the boys to Disneyland and California Adventure on Wednesday with no other assistance from other adults :)  We took our time getting there.  We left later than normal to avoid rush hour traffic and it worked.  At first, this is how I felt! how it started 

What did I get myself into?  The boys were not great (as you can tell by the picture).  Our stroller was in the truck (at the airport) so we had to rent a stroller.  Of-course, they don’t have double strollers which I find very odd.  They give you a discount to rent two but there is only one of me and I can’t push two strollers.  Anyway, it started out with the boys fighting over who would get to sit in the stroller.  Then the picture above was in line for “It’s a Small World.”  Harry did not want to ride it and now looking at the picture, I guess Will didn’t either.  They soon realized that it was a fun ride and had all their favorite Disney Characters in it.  It turned out to be their favorite ride and we had to ride it a couple times.  I told them after the first melt down that we will go home.  No loss to me and I was not going to put up with it today.  Well for some reason, that actually worked for once.  They were fantastic the rest of the day.  We had a great time.  It was more crowded than any other time we had been there because of Spring Break but the lines really weren’t that bad.

carousel 

I love this picture of the boys together on the train because they are so tired at this point that they are trying to smile.

 chew chew train disney jr  small world

I’m glad I took the chance on venturing there by ourselves because we really did have a magical day.  We were worn out by time we got home and it broke up the week without Scott around.  Although it was sad when standing in line for one ride Harry said, “I wish my daddy were here to ride with me.”  Too cute.  These guys are the best. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time. We are looking forward to our upcoming trip in a few weeks. So exciting!