Tuesday, March 20, 2012

And it's only Tuesday!

We have been busy!!! The boys do not have school this week and Community Bible Study follows the school year Spring Break so we have a free week. I guess I try to fill the time more when Scott is working. The boys have been great and funny. We have been taking Miss Belle for two walks a day and to the park. I have been really impressed by the distance we go without them complaining. And William has been walking Belle. I don't know if it is that Belle is getting over being sick (yep, a nice $589 bill from the Vet for a bacterial infection) or if she really is listening to him as her owner now. Check them out.
We even had 4 different dogs come up to us and William said, "calm down" and she listened. She never jerked him. We also had a lot of fun coloring the drive-way and playing superheroes. I don't know about your kids but you are not allowed to call them anything but "batman" and "Robin" when they are in character. You will get in trouble.


I got to say. They have been a little trying at times. I know there is a "why" stage but oh my GOSH, I did not know it was this bad. I have to hear "why did God make...." about 50 thousand times a day. Whatever answer, that is the same response you get. And try explaining the difference between what God made and what people made since the question about everything is "why did God make this?" Example, "why did God make cars?" Absolutely everything we do all day is now in question. Like today, we went to the dentist. "why did God make Dentist?" "Why did God make us have teeth?" It goes on and on. Speaking of the dentist...


That is all he did the entire time this morning. He did NOT open his mouth at all. So now we are off to the pediatric dentist again. The boys have also been running errands with me like going to the bank, grocery store, etc.




Some more kid talk that I wasn't supposed to overhear:



While in the bath:


Harry:" OH! I forgot to pee, I have to get out and pee."


William (in a very stealth whisper): "Harry, just pee in the bath and don't tell anyone."




OMG! BOYS!!!! So glad Harry did not go along with that! And that I heard so I can explain why that is NOT a good thing.




My proudest moment of the day. William asked for me to take off his training wheels. I hope Scott doesn't mind. I didn't even really think of this being a 'dad' moment and I am sure once Scott sees him do it, he won't mind. But I am so proud of him. With about 10 minutes of practice this is what he can do now!









The best part is when we first started I said, "ok, don't look back at me and have confidence." So of-course I was asked what confidence is. So I explained by telling The Little Engine that Could story. Well as soon as we started Harry was running after us saying, "I think I can William, I think I can, I think I can...." He was cheering his big brother on. It was so cute! I just can't get over how quickly William caught on and I am definitely a proud mommy. I guess I should have taken off the training wheels much earlier. This just means we are going to start soon on Harry.



Besides all the day activities, I had very serious conversations with the boys. We spoke about never speaking to strangers, taking candy or helping someone find their animals, etc. Why some nice people can be mean. It was such a difficult conversation to have when all these years we focus on being polite to people. But I have seen people on tv and they have gone through something horrible like a kidnapping (God forbid) and they say they never thought of having that conversation with their kid yet. And I feel I am behind. We also spoke about how and when to call 911. For me, I have major anxiety about being home alone with the boys. I absolutely hate when Scott travels. I am fearful of something bad happening mainly with my heart health. I don't know why but I think of it more then and I am scared of the boys being alone not knowing what to do or how to take care of themselves. Yes morbid but it is my anxiety. This is the disadvantage of not living by family. Anyway, I feel we have been super busy.



And to think tomorrow I plan on taking the boys to Disneyland. Call me brave or incredibly crazy seeing that I won't have another adult to help and it is Spring Break and the park will be more busy than usual. I wouldn't be as apprehensive if it were someplace like 6 Flags but Disneyland is 1.5 hours away and it is HUGE. But hopefully I don't chicken out tomorrow because we are all packed and ready to roll. I am crazy!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Wow, sounds like fun times and you sound like such a great mom. I need to have the stranger danger talk with my kids. I think I've touched on it before but not a lot.

I can't believe you are going to Disneyland with the boys, by yourself! I'm sure you'll have a blast, that's just impressive.

Hannah is on spring break this week and we don't have our Bible study or even church tonight. It's kind of nice to have a break from things. Braden is back to school, though... it's too bad the weeks didn't line up. (Nixa was out last week and Springfield this week). What's more is that Guthrie has been gone these two weeks, he gets back Friday. I know what you mean about having anxiety when he's gone. I don't even have the health issues you do. I am so ready for him to be back. I think the time apart is good to truly know how much we appreciate each other, but he can come back now! :)