Friday, January 13, 2012

Here’s one for the blog!

Harry cranberry We have been extremely busy lately and I was so excited yesterday afternoon to be able to have more than 5 minutes at home and my plan was to clean.  Well it wasn’t but a couple minutes after we got home that Harry ran up to me crying saying, “there are cranberries stuck in my nose!”  Sigh! 

I could barely see them up there but yes, they were there.  I got the tweezers out hoping I could reach them but couldn’t.  I called our neighbor, a nurse.  She advised putting pepper in his nose to make him sneeze.  Sneeze he did but no cranberries to follow.  I tried just about everything. 

So we made an emergency trip to his E.N.T.  He tried too with the tweezers but no luck.  So he had to have a little microscopic procedure (pretty interesting) but Harry obliged since the cranberries were hurting him and he wanted them out. Since it’s the beginning of the year, we had to pay $250 towards our deductible-yuck!  Not too excited about that one since we just paid $350 less than a week ago at the dentist.  Anyway, enough about money.  The cranberries came out and Harry was happy.  He also got a lecture by his E.N.T. about never sticking anything in his nose again.  As soon as we got to the truck he said, “I’m hungry.  Can I have some cranberries?!”  Seriously????!

Then last night he was snacking on a graham cracker and says to me, “graham crackers fit in your nose.”  I about lost it :)  I said, “Harry, absolutely not, didn’t you learn anything today?”  He replied, “But if you smashed them into pieces, they fit in your nose.”  Why do I feel this is not going to be the last time something gets stuck in his nose?! 

No comments: