Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmastime

I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  I am very blessed with all that I am given.  I am so happy that my mom was here to spend Thanksgiving with us this year.  I think it has been 7 years since we had Thanksgiving together.  But the day after Thanksgiving is so fun for me as well.  And no, that is not because I am one of the hard core shoppers to go all out on black Friday.  I prefer to get all my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving so I don’t have to go to any store (other than the grocery store) until after Jan. 1st.  I am a very impatient person so crowded parking lots and long lines aren’t my thing :)  But decorating the house IS my thing :) 

And this year was great because the boys were so super excited to help. So we turned on the Christmas music, put our hats on and got to work. We let them decorate the tree. They were so proud of the finished tree.  And I am so proud of them. 

  decoratingall finished mom with boys

Here is a little bit of what is around the house: Advent Calendars, Ornaments and snowflake towels Advent calendarYearly pictures with Santa (this year yet to be taken but the frame has been purchased) decor 2decor 1decor 3  stockingsStill hard at work hanging window clings Still going  The finished tree with all the wrapped presents already under the tree.     Tree The boys were so excited to find out that Scott already bought their Christmas outfits so they insisted they had to try them on :)

outfitsAnd William wanted to take a picture of us in our “I believe” Santa shirts.  I got to say, the kid takes good pictures :) 

I believeThe best part is that William and Harrison were so excited about decorating the inside that they overlooked Scott was outside setting up the lights and such.  So when we went outside Harry said, “Is Christmas here? Wow!”  lights House 1I think it is going to be a very fun Christmas this year with the boys understanding more and more.  

No comments: