Monday, June 13, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

The first day of swim lessons began today. I signed them up for a 2:1 ratio lesson for two weeks Monday-Friday classes. I figured it would be easier for our kids to have classes every day than to spread it out over weeks. And to my surprise, MY kids were a very few of the only 3-4 years olds NOT crying!!!! I say this all of the time that William can be very anti-social and not daring at all. Well he got there and was impatient to get into the water! Harrison was a bit more reserved but I think it is because he is coming down with a cold. The little boy that was with Harrison screamed bloody murder for a good 20 minutes. This is the first time in a very long time that I didn't dread doing this by myself. Scott even called to wish me good luck ahead of time because taking the boys to lessons of any sort has become a nightmare at times because William does not like to participate and then Harrison will follow suit. I think we are really going to enjoy these next two weeks of lessons.

I'm so proud of them because they did everything the instructors asked them to do. And Harrison kept telling me about "Nikki" his instructor the whole way home. (Harrison is in blue) When I showed William the pictures I took, he said, "That's my new teacher friend, Jim."

Look at his smile! Yay!!!! When we got home, they asked when we get to go on vacation! I think they associate our trip to Palm Desert (our mini vacation) to swimming at the hotel pool. Believe me boys, I'm ready for vacation as much as you are! :)



2 comments:

Martha said...

That's awesome that they like the water! Looks like they've got good teachers.

Unknown said...

Aww I'm glad they are learning to love swimming!