Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

So Thursday as Scott walks in the door, the conversation goes like this:
William: "Daddy, Daddy! Guess what? We got you two books. A lion book and a new bible!"
Me: "William, what did we talk about? What is a surprise?"
William: "We aren't supposed to tell Daddy we bought him a Bible for Father's day."
Then later on in the night while speaking to Scott's mom on the phone, he tells her the same thing with Scott right next to him. I guess you can guess how Christmas will be around here this year. No Surprises. Then Friday after Scott walked in from work, Harry grabs his hands and leads him to our room, he brought him in and showed him behind our door and said, "see Daddy, here is where Mommy hid your presents and we wrapped them for you!"

Harry comes to church with me to work. On Thursday I gave him the project of making Daddy's crown for Father's day. I thought it would take a couple minutes but he was so meticulous with where he placed the gems. It actually took him hours! And we had to go back to the store because two packages of gems were not enough.

So this morning he was very excited to give it to Scott. And he made it clear that he had to wear it all day long!
And he did! He even wore it to church (obviously took it off in the Sanctuary but had it on everywhere else) and lunch and he is still wearing it.


Here is "the lion book" William was referring to. It is about a little lion cub who is thankful for his daddy. He made Scott read it to him right away this morning.




And the Bible! As if he didn't know what he was getting :)


Happy Father's Day! I am so blessed to have such wonderful Fathers in my life. I have an amazing husband who is the best dad I know. Of-course my Dad taught me morals and ethics and is an excellent role model. And then I am so lucky to have gained another dad through marriage and he is an awesome supportive dad as well.

1 comment:

Martha said...

What a great idea to make Scott a crown! I love it. That's awesome that he wore it all day, also! :)

My kids can't keep a secret either. I just knew they would tell Guthrie we went to Bass Pro and got him a couple shirts but he happened to work late that night and they forgot about it. I always wait until the last minute to get gifts for Guthrie for that reason.