Thursday, March 25, 2010

Changes

I have been horrible about blogging lately. I have a lot to get caught up on. Harrison was upgraded to a big boy bed Tuesday night. William was more excited about it than him. I was worried about his new found freedom but Harrison has been staying in his bed. He does get out in the morning but luckily he doesn't know how to open his door yet and he prefers it closed.
Big news for William is that he got his braces on yesterday. When I got home from the hospital last week I walked in his room and this odor hit me like a ton of bricks. While I was in the hospital, he poured fish food down his casts. It didn't take long for that smell to linger throughout the house. I took him into the doctor the very next day because there is no way he was going to wear those for two more weeks. I was prepared to get new casts but when she checked his feet she was completely impressed with his correction. Instead of 6 weeks, she said he was ready for his braces after 4. We were so excited. BUT they called and the braces were not ready yet. So William traded in his blue casts for black and bright green in honor of his favorite monster truck, GraveDigger. His braces were ready yesterday so at-least he got 1 week off.

William designed his own braces. He chose blue straps with trains on the back. It is so nice to give him a bath! 5 weeks of sponge baths just doesn't do the job.

2 comments:

Kubik Family said...

sahhh that is GREAT news William got the braces on early! (Guess it was a good thing after all he put the fish food down his casts..hee) So you can take them on and off? Too cute Harrison is in a big boy bed..i'm soo debating when to do that for DJ! Hope you are feeling well too!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad the William got his braces! That's great that his legs are correcting so well. I'm sure that's a relief!

I hope you're doing well also! Still thinking and praying for you!