Sunday, January 17, 2010

Monster Jam

Last night we surprised William with an early birthday present. We took the boys to Monster Jam. I didn't realize that picking "best available" seats on Ticket Master meant that we would get front row seats! Grave Digger was parked right in front of us so Harrison could not stop pointing at him. They absolutely loved it. All the dirt, noise, trucks, crashes, etc. They were in heaven. Afterwards we went to Sonic Drive In. There is one in Anaheim where the Monster Jam was. We haven't been to Sonic in over two years-yummy. And you know it is a celebration when there are two toddlers in the back seat eating Jr. Sundaes at 11:38pm! They crashed right after the sundaes. We didn't get home until 1am. We don't really like keeping the boys up that late but hey, it was a celebration! Unfortunately we missed church this morning because we got home so late. Now I have 18 extra cupcakes in my kitchen!!!!
Of-course Grave Digger brought it and won the whole competition. It was awesome.

El Torro Loco. The boys loved the horns.
And Monster Mutt did really well too. He put on quite the show.
Crash!

Will had four layers on! See Grave Digger in the background?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I ran across your blog because I was trying to assess whether its a good idea to take my son to monster jam. He is 22 months old and I thought I could use ear muffs of plugs but I doubt he will stand for that. I appreciate any insight.

Sincerely,
Priscilla
Houston, tx

The Archer Family said...

There are a lot of things to consider. The one we went to didn't start till 7pm and didn't end till 11pm. We usually don't keep our kids up that late but it was for a special occasion. the other thing is that my 3 year old was scared of the fireworks to get the show started because there was fire too. We had a front row seat so it was really loud. My 3 year old wore the ear muffs without any problems. And we couldn't find anymore so we put ear plugs in my 24 month old. I was surprised but he did keep them in. And it is really loud so I would definitely recommend it. All in all, it was really fun and worth it. They had a fantastic time. They really love all the trucks and tricks. I would recommend it. Hope this helps :)