Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Beautiful day ruined by a grumpy old lady!

So we were having a fantastic day. We took Belle for a nice walk around the neighborhood. Then we headed to Lemon Park to play and watch the birds swim. We were having a fantastic time. William came out of his anti-social shell and made a lot of new friends.

Look at Harry's hair is this picture....cracks me up.







The boys were being so good that I decided to treat them to lunch. We went to this hole in the wall diner by our house. I sat us outside (where nobody else was) in case they acted up. Surprisingly enough, this is the ONE time they were little angels. Well an older couple came and sat down right next to us opposed to inside or anywhere else out on the patio. They backed their truck in and left their dog in the back of the truck looking at us:) I am going to make this story as short as possible. I was so incredibly proud of my boys. They were eating all their food and engrossed in their lunch opposed to being loud. William seriously did not say a word. Harrison is learning to talk and he was saying, "french fry." Every time he said french fry, the old woman turned around and yelled at him to shut up. I was about to lose it. Finally their dog barked and Harrison got excited and said, "puppy dog." He said it is a regular tone- didn't even yell. Well the woman started yelling at me: "we are paying for this too. Control your children. Have them use their inside voices." Well I apologized first for what reason I do not know but she kept going on putting Harrison down and then the mommy in me finally talked back. I was so upset and still upset about it. Here we were having a great day and the one time my boys are great out in public, someone yells at them and makes them feel bad. William asked me what he did wrong that the woman yelled at him. William said thank you to the waitress as we left and Harrison told the mean women, "bu bye." Little did he understand that she was a grumpy old woman who hated children. It's still makes me sad. Having an excellent day and praising my boys for being so good and someone has to ruin it. I would understand any other time when a toddler is acting like a toddler but they were too interested in their lunch to even play at the time. Ugh.



5 comments:

Kubik Family said...

OMG that is the saddest thing! Some people are just soo miserable they have to make everyone else miserable with them. Glad you guys had a fun day otherwise!

Nana and Pawpa Payne said...

Just Love Harrison's Hair!
About that "Grumpy Old Lady"
I don't think there is enough room in this comment box for me to write all the "Bleep" words that I would have to say to that woman.
I sort of feel sorry for their dog though because if they are that grumpy, who do they take their frustrations out on????

Martha said...

That looks like a fun place to play and you got some good pictures. :)

My kids would not have been quiet, I'd hate to think what she would have said if it were us. Sounds like she was definitely just a "grumpy old lady"!

Kristen said...

I don't care how much someone else's toddler is activing up (or not in your case!)... that never gives a person the right to critisize that child (or their parents!). I'm not saying the parent is always right, but what right does a total stranger have saying something, especially if the child isn't hurting himeself or anyone else.

Ok... backing off my soap box now. :) Just wanted to say I'm sorry that the old lady ruined your day!

Kristen said...

Oops... that was supposed to be "acting up" instead of "activing up". :)